Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Where Angels Fear To Tread

Hello everyone,
Life has been interesting lately. I've decided to start a blog. I guess I should start with where the title of my blog comes from.  In 1709 Alexander Pope wrote a poem called "An Essay on Criticism". The essay discusses worthy criticism and bad criticism. A very famous line from the poem is "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.".  Alexander Pope was talking about the critics of his day. So, if I may suggest, If they had not "rushed in" they may have not been considered fools. That's why I titled my blog "Where Angels Fear To Tread", leaving off the "Fools rush in". I intend to be cautious and well learned on the subjects I choose to project my opinions on. On a less serious note, I will probably just ramble about the everyday happenings of my wonderful life! Life is beautiful. I don't always understand it, but I seem to find simple joys in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment